Thanks for booking your session for our boudoir mini marathon day!
January 18, 2020
Hi! Thanks for booking your session with us! We're so excited to meet you!
I know this looks like a lot, but bear with me. This page will serve as an info source for anything you need to know about your session. If you think of any other questions, please ask them below and I'll respond here in case anyone else has the same question. If you'd rather, or if it's a specific question, feel free to text or email me.
There are a few little things you can do between now and then that will make a big impact on your photos!
1. Moisturized skin is soft, smooth skin! I can NOT stress this enough! Make sure you have a daily moisturizer for your face AND body! Pay special attention to dry areas. Everyone is different, but I know for me, I get super dry around my nose and nails. A lot of people have trouble with joints, especially elbows and knees. This also means DRINK WATER! Moisturize from the inside, out!
2. No tanning! This means laying out in the sun, laying in a tanning bed, and even spray tans. It may seem like a great idea, but it can actually make you look super orange in photos. Then, if you use a spray tan or an at home version with a lotion or foam, it can be very splotchy and hard to edit out. I will be doing minor retouching, but I'll just warn you now, I won't be editing splotchy skin due to tanning products or tan lines. I promise I'll edit to give you some color if you're super pasty white (like me)!
3. Don't wear tight clothing the day of your session! Leggings and a bra could actually be your worst enemy! Make sure the clothing you wear on your way to the studio is loose fitting so you don't get marks on your skin. A bra could leave marks across your shoulders that, depending on what you're wearing in your photos, could leave marks on your skin that will be visible in your images. I'd recommend some loose fitting pajamas or sweats. I mean, how often do you get to go out without your hair and makeup done AND dressed in pajamas?! Take advantage, ladies! ;)
4. Which brings us to the next tip...NO MAKEUP! That's right! NO makeup. Please arrive with a clean face and hair washed the day before! Amber and Alicia will work their magic to bring out your best features and glam up your natural beauty! You will have the option of looking more natural in photos, or getting super smokey-eyed and sultry. False lashes will be provided! Not everyone is used to wearing them, but trust me. You won't regret it!
5. Try on your lingerie and anything you plan on wearing in your photos BEFORE you commit to it! This includes jewelry, shoes, literally ANYTHING! Not only do we want to make sure it fits you perfectly, but I want you to feel 100% comfortable and 100% sexy! If you aren't feeling it, we will be able to tell in photos.
6. CONFIDENCE IS KEY! This goes along with every previous tip. These are things to help you look and feel your best. It's important that you are confident and feel totally comfortable with yourself and with us. You are fearfully and wonderfully made!
Please take a moment to complete our boudoir questionnaire!
Take a look at this amazing studio space!